Salted Chocolate-Peanut Butter Marshmallow SquaresTuesday, August 7, 2012 987 Comments Tweet
Wedding brain, part III.
I made an appointment to have my wedding dress altered. The tailor told me to bring the undergarments and shoes I’ll be wearing to the big day. I responsibly took note in my calendar to make sure I wouldn’t forget. The day I went for the alterations, I packed my new shoes, I packed my new undergarments, and I headed out the door, rather self-satisfied for having remembered these items.
Just one problem. A critical component was conspicuously absent. A strong niggling feeling indicated that I was forgetting something important…
Um, THE DRESS?!
Yes, because the tailor didn’t explicitly mention the dress in her list of things to bring, I was thisclose to showing up at the dressing room with just my wedding underwear.
That would have been a very difficult moment to recover from smoothly.
“Could you take an inch off the butt cheeks please? HEY! Where are you going with that pin?!”
The worst part was, I didn’t even have the dress in my possession – it was still hanging in a bag at the store (which was closed, of course). Several moderately hysterical phone calls later, I managed to reach the bridal shop owner outside of business hours. She arranged for a sleepy salesgirl to open the doors an hour early, and I was able to pick up the single crucial element to alterations being made.
SERIOUSLY. Pull yourself together, Jenn.
These squares are dangerously easy and crazy addictive. Just peanut butter, melted chocolate, marshmallows and salt (plus a bit of corn syrup for sweetness if you’re using natural peanut butter). Toss them together and let them chill. A perfect summer dessert – I like them cold from the fridge.
- 1½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Line an 8×8″ baking dish with parchment paper, allowing a 1″ overhang on each side.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, corn syrup and salt. Cook on 50% power for 1 minute, stir, and repeat 30 second intervals until most chocolate chips are melted; stir to melt the chips that remain.
- Pour over the marshmallows in a large bowl and stir to thoroughly combine. Use a rubber spatula to scrape mixture into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Cool completely in refrigerator before cutting into 16 squares.